IFKF Member Benefits
IFKF - WKA members are recognised as excellent organisations within their own rights, acceptance to membership of IFKF - WKA brings a quality brand to your foundation.
2. Connecting with other foundations:
IFKF - WKA membership brings the opportunity to connect and communicate with similar organisations throughout the world, exchanging ideas and working collaboratively.
IFKF - WKA provides a Newsletter that informs members of key issues and news from around the Global kidney community. The IFKF - WKA annual meetings provide an ideal forum for ideas exchange and collaborative working and membership brings the benefit of reduced registration cost to attend any such meetings.
3. A Global Community fighting kidney disease:
World Kidney Day (WKD), provides members with an ideal opportunity to broaden their reach and to bring a spotlight to their activities as a Foundation. WKD Champions, offer individuals in membership organisations the opportunity to further support the objectives of IFKF - WKA and thier own organisations. IFKF - WKA initiatives such as the CKD, early identification and treatment initiative for Chronic Kidney Disease, promotes a global approach to improved kidney care.
4. Support for your foundation:
Within the IFKF - WKA membership community many larger and more established foundations offer support to developing foundations via our kidney foundations partnership programmes, KFPP. IFKF - WKA coordinates training and development initiatives, particularly for professions allied to healthcare.
IFKF - WKA members can use IFKF - WKA developed communication tools to support their organisations objectives. IFKF - WKA endorsement of local initiatives can assist your Foundations ultimate success.
5. Influence in support of kidney initiatives:
The Collective voice provided by being a member of our global organisation allows a stronger influence in advocacy and lobbying. WKD is an ideal vehicle to deliver influence in support of kidney issues both locally and internationally.
Membership offers the right to vote on issues that drive IFKF - WKA strategy and objectives, further effecting the influence of the IFKF - WKA globally.
6. Access to funding:
IFKF - WKA membership allows your foundation to apply for grants and awards, which are made available to support educational and developmental activity. Travel grants can be available to assist smaller member foundations and individuals to attend annual meetings.
The IFKF - WKA Mission and Objectives
- Help member kidney foundations grow to highly effective organizations.
- Encourage and assist in the formation of new kidney foundations where needed around the world.
- Develop and grow a strong core of individual members, representative of all disciplines relevant to kidney care.
- Help develop a more professional and effective leadership in kidney care, with a focus on developing new and young leaders.
- Make World Kidney Day more successful and influential.
- Lead the way in early detection, prevention and treatment of kidney disease through its membership on all continents of the world.
- Make global kidney care advocacy more powerful and influential.
- Promote global interactions with other professional, patient and commercial organisations.
- Improve global fundraising opportunities for kidney related issues.
Wish to join the IFKF - WKA family?
We would like to hear from anyone representing any kidney related organisation - kidney foundation, patient association, kidney community advocacy group - interested in joining the IFKF - WKA family. This group represents a strong force to ensure global focus continues in the prevention and treatment of kidney disease.
Additionally, various associate members of the IFKF - WKA informally support the Board in its work.
IFKF - WKA Secretariat Services:
Flat.No 11, 3rd Floor, Old No.6 & New No.11
Thirumurthy Street, T. Nagar, Chennai - 600017, India.
After Board approval the organisation will be admitted to the IFKF - WKA Register and invited to nominate an official representative
- Membership fees are for a calendar year - renewed annually 1st of January
- Should an IFKF - WKA Member default on fee payment, they may be removed from the IFKF Register unless good cause is shown (Fees payable in $US – individually set upon acceptance, relative to financial status)
- Apply to the IFKF - WKA Board if financial difficulties locally prevent payment of your fees
IFKF - WKA Council Membership
See relevant extract below taken from our current IFKF - WKA Regulations
(approved in Budapest, Hungary, August 2014)
A local, regional or nation-wide Kidney foundation, Kidney patient group or kidney advocacy organization which is primarily committed to improving the health, care and well-being of individuals with or at high risk of developing Kidney Disease or Kidney Failure.
A local, regional or nation-wide organization that does not fulfil all of the criteria for IFKF-WKA Organizational Membership and that is committed to improving the health, medical care and well-being of individuals with or at high risk of developing Kidney Disease or Kidney Failure; or that is engaged in kidney health advocacy activities.
A person who is or is not involved in healthcare but who is concerned with the provision, care, support or advocacy for people with or at high risk for developing Kidney Disease or Kidney Failure.